- 04/17 This past weekend was a huge success as BCC ran a track and field event which over 20 CDS students participated in. Congratulations to all the students that achieved new personal bests. This upcoming weekend will be the Grade 3 and 4 basketball jamboree at KIS Pangyo. The bus will leave at 7:15 am.
- 04/09 Just a reminder, the bus leaves CDS at 8:45 am on Saturday for the Grade 3-5 Track and Field event. Be sure to bring a water bottle, sun screen, outdoor shoes and food or money.
- 04/03 I hope everyone enjoyed their Spring Break. We have a few different events coming up. There is Track and Field (Gr. 3 & 4) on April 14th @ CI, Basketball (lab students) on April 21st @ KIS and Soccer (lab students) on May 12th @ CI. You can sign up here for track and field and here for basketball.
- 03/08 There is a floor hockey event coming up next Saturday (March 17th). All students in the floor hockey lab are encouraged to participate in this great opportunity. The bus will leave CDS at 8:45 am and should arrive back at the school by around 2:00 pm. Please remember to bring a water bottle and something to eat. Students should wear their white Dalton polo with grey PE pants. Here is a link to the form if you were not able to find it elsewhere.
- 2/23 CDS hosted it's second annual Jumping for Healthy Hearts today, and it was another huge success. The Grade 4's educated us all with their fantastic presentations on health and nutrition. The Grade 3's wowed us with their self-choreographed skipping routine. The Grade 2's taught their Chinese jump rope routines to many young participants. All of the students completed their goal of skipping for an hour straight. Fantastic job everyone. You should be very proud of what you achieved!
- 2/21 Welcome back from the break. I trust everyone had a nice time and stayed healthy and active during their time off. It will soon be time to sign up for season 3 labs. The sports that will be offered in season 3 are basketball/volleyball and soccer. Both labs should include 2-3 jamborees and lots of opportunities for growth. The soccer lab is open for students from K-4 and the basketball/volleyball lab is only open for students in Grade 3 and 4.
- 2/20 Jumping for Healthy Hearts is coming up this Friday. It will be a fantastic afternoon filled with many health and skipping events, including: health and nutrition presentations from the Grade 4's, a skipping performance from the Grade 3's our hour long skip and more. Grades 2-4 are reminded that their pledge forms should be completed by Friday, but they don't have to be brought in until next Wednesday. Students should wear their team colors on that day. If you don't know what team you are on, please ask your homeroom teacher or Mr. T.
- 1/29 CDS soccer players had another amazing weekend playing in the Jamboree put on by Chadwick this past weekend. We are so proud of the teamwork and sportsmanship that was displayed from all of our students. We are looking for another similar event in Season 2. I will post more information as soon as we figure out our next event.
- 1/24 Just a reminder to those going to the futsal jamboree this weekend at Chadwick. The bus will leave CDS at 8:45 am and if students are finding their own way there, they should meet us at Chadwick International School by 9:30 am. Don't forget to bring food and or money, as well as indoor and outdoor shoes. Students should also have their shin pads and water bottle for the event.
- 1/18 A quick update for our upcoming futsal tournaments. We will only be attending the event that is being held at Chadwick on Jan 27th for the Grade 3's and 4's. Unfortunately our Grades K through 2 will not be participating on that weekend. We will do our best to find another event for that age group, but if we are not able to, we will return the lab fees to the younger students. For those students who were having trouble finding the form, here is the link.
- 1/8 Welcome back from break everyone! I hope that all of our students had a great time.. Don't forget that we start with PE right away, so students should remember to bring their PE shoes and a water bottle.
- 11/28 For those of you in Futsal lab that wanted the video we used for our footwork today, here it is. If you practice this at home a couple of times per week, your ball control and footwork will surely improve. Keep up the good work!
- 11/20 We do not have any major sporting events coming up before the winter break. Badminton lab will have a small wrap up event on the last day before the winter break, but that will be during lab time. After the break, we will have a couple indoor soccer jamborees for those signed up for the futsal lab.
- 11/9 All of our students did very well this past weekend at Songdo 7's They should all be extremely proud of their teamwork, effort and accomplishments. Unfortunately that was our last event of season 1, but there will be a parents/students soccer game on Thursday at 3pm. If your child takes part in soccer lab, please feel free to join us for a fun way to wrap up the season.
- 11/2 We have our final soccer tournament of the season coming up this weekend (Saturday and Sunday). Please sign up here for transportation if you have not already. The transportation will leave at 7:00 am for Grades 3 and the girls team. Grades 1 and 4 can take the bus at 9:30. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 9/11 For all those Grade 1, 2 or 3 students participating in soccer lab or girl power lab, an email was sent to your parents about the soccer jamboree this Saturday. Don't forget to fill it out to let us know if you will be taking the bus or not. Here is a link to the google form, in the event that you did not get the email.
- 9/5 The Grade 4's did an amazing job this past weekend as they took on teams from Chadwick, Dwight, YISS and ICFC. They found a great amount of success on and off the field. This was only the first jamboree of the season, but it looked like they had been playing together for a long time. We are all very excited for the next event. Grades 1,2 and 3 play in two weeks time, as they head to Chadwick on Sept 16th. After that, the next event will be October 14th and it will be open for Grades 1,2,3 and 4.
- 8/29 The Grade 4's have their first jamboree of the year this Saturday. If there are any questions, please contact Mr. T at email@example.com
- 08/21 Labs start up this week, so all of those soccer players out there, but sure to bring any equipment you might need for lab. Remember we have the Girl Power lab on Mondays and Wednesdays and the Soccer Club on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Students should bring proper footwear and shin pads along with anything else they might need. The Grade 4 boys will have their first jamboree on September 2nd, while the Grade 1's, 2's and 3's will play on September 16th.
- 08/14 Welcome to the 2017/2018 school year. I am Mr. Tronsgard, your PE teacher. This is my 5th school year with CDS. I am very excited to welcome new and old students on Wednesday. We will cover many wonderful and challenging activities in the gym this year. I hope you are up for the challenge. This year we will also have many labs, after school programs and weekend jamborees scheduled to meet the needs of those active FP students who somehow still have energy after PE class is finished. Please reference the calendar below for upcoming events.
If you ever have any questions, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org